VorpX has been teasing us about the new patch for some time now, and now it’s finally here.
According to Ralf – maker of the vorpX – it’s supposed to be one of the most feature packed updates ever. The biggest reason behind it are the changes with the 0.7 Runtime that Oculus has. “Direct driver mode only” in latest runtime versions means vorpX has to go the same road.
And it has.
One of the biggest changes are that 0.9 supports Direct Driver Mode. Extended mode is officially gone from both parties. RIP.
VorpX now allows you to watch 3D movies in VR with its own VR video player. You will also have a vorpX desktop app for Windows 8/10 that lets you surf the web and watch Youtube videos in VR. There are many other changes you will get. To see the full list, click here.
New games that support VR in vorpX are the following:
- Mortal Combat X (G3D/Z3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema Mode
- The Witcher 3 (Z3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema Mode
- Crysis 3 now has full G3D
- Amnesia (G3D)
- Amnesia – A Machine for Pigs (G3D)
- Quake II (G3D)
- Quake III (G3D)
- American McGee’s Alice (G3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema Mode
- Star Wars – Knights of the Old Republic (G3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema Mode
- Star Wars – Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast (G3D)
- Star Trek Voyager – Elite Force (G3D)
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein  (G3D)
- Heavy Metal FAKK 2 (G3D), optimized for Virtual Cinema Mode
If you want to buy vorpX, you may click here:Buy VorpX